A fresh summer time classic!
What you need
- 1/2 large English cucumber, (unpeeled + finely grated, excess liquid squeezed out)
- 1 & 1/2 cup plain grass fed yogourt or coconut yogourt
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh dill
- pinch of salt and pepper according to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1-2 tablespoon olive oil (optional for flavour and richness)
- Finely grate cucumber with skin on
- Add yogurt to a large mixing bowl and add strained cucumber, garlic, dill, salt & pepper, lemon juice, and olive oil (optional). Stir to combine.
- Taste and adjust flavor as needed.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge for 5 days.
Protein Smoothie w/ Almond Butter
- 2 ripe, peeled, and speckled bananas*
- 3 large handfuls baby spinach or to taste
- 1–2 cups liquid, as needed to blend (I use ½ coconut milk and 1/2 water)
- 1 scoop (1 serving) protein powder (NaturePRO)
- 1–2 tablespoons sunflower seed butter or nut/seed butter of choice
- Optional Add-Ins: vitamin c powder, pure vanilla extract, etc.
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender, and blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a glass.
- Serve immediately.
*I recommend using frozen bananas, but in a pinch, you can use un-frozen and simply add in a handful of ice cubes to cool the smoothie. Also, if you’re not a fan of banana, substitute fresh or frozen mango in its place.
Chocolate Avocado Protein Smoothie
1 cup coconut milk
1 scoop of chocolate protein powder
½ cup frozen strawberry
½ avocado, flesh scooped out
1 cup of spinach
1 scoop of almond butter or seed butter
Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smoothie
BulletProof Chocolate Avocado Smoothie
- 1 tablespoon MCT Oil
- 1 tablespoon Ghee or Butter (made from grass-fed cows)
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Cream
- ½ avocado
- 1-2 tablespoon Raw Cocoa Powder
- 1 cup of Water
- ½ cup Ice (or add more depending on desired texture)
- Blend all ingredients except for the ice, blend till smooth
- Add Ice and blend till desired texture
- Pour into an ice-chilled glass and enjoy!
If it’s your first time doing MCT oil, start with a smaller amount.
Blueberry and Kale Smoothie
3 cups frozen blueberries
3 cups coconut milk
1 cup kale (or more if you would like)
½ cup coconut yogurt
½ lemon squeezed
1 tsp aqua greens spirulina & chlorella
* water if needed for consistency
Add all ingredients to a blender and blend till smooth. Add water, if needed, to get the consistency you like.
Blueberry and Turmeric Smoothie
1 ½ cups coconut milk
1 ½ – 2 cups blueberries
1 tsp grated fresh ginger (or ¼ tsp ground)
1 tsp turmeric
2 tsp orange zest
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
½ – 1 tbsp MCT oil, or coconut oil *optional
Pinch of black pepper (helps with the absorption with the turmeric)
2 cups fresh spinach
Place all ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth consistency.
This colourful salad makes for a great lunch or a side dish!
What you need
- 1 large head of broccoli cut into 1-inch florets
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoon hemp hearts
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 cup raw hazelnuts chopped
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut vinegar
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Assemble the salad ingredients.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Toss the salad with the dressing.
A fantastic dish for a summertime pot luck, BBQ or picnic!
What you need
- 1 1/2 lbs grass-fed ground beef
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- Himalayan salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350F
- In a bowl, mix the ground beef, egg, parsley, garlic, tomato paste, oregano, mint, salt and pepper.
- Mix with your hands until combined.
- Form the mixture into equally sized meatballs using your hands or an ice cream scoop.
- Place the meatballs on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (prevent sticking and easier clean up) and cook for about 20-25 minutes.
- Serve with Tzatziki sauce and warm olives!
Instant Pot Chicken Curry
A recipe that will for sure be one of your go-to dinners!
What you need
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 onions peeled and finely chopped
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 8 cloves
- 5 lbs skinless chicken breasts chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 can finely chopped tomatoes
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- Chili to taste (optional)
* The total time does not include the time that it takes for the pressure to build up nor does it include the natural release, therefore plan for additional time
* Use full-fat coconut milk from a can, the thicker the better for a nice creamy texture.
Butternut Squash and Leek Soup
Even if you think you don’t like squash, this is a delicious soup. It is very creamy without the use of milk or cream! Butternut Squash soup is a real game-changer for those who think soup is anything less than awesome!
What you need
- 4 teaspoons avocado oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 6 large leeks, thinly sliced
- 4 cup butternut squash, baked
- 2 cups coconut milk and or more broth
- 2 cup organic vegetable broth (Pacific organic broth)
- 2 springs of fresh thyme
- Pinch of Cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut squash in half and brush with the avocado oil. Place cut side down on a baking dish and bake until soft, approximately 30-40minutes. If you have an Insta-Pot, this is quick when doing it on the pressure cooker setting.
- Scoop out squash and set aside.
- Heat oil in a deep skillet and sauté the leeks and garlic till tender. Approximately 5 minutes.
- Add into the skillet the squash and the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer until well mixed. Place half the squash mixture in a blender, and blend till smooth. Add the half, blending till smooth. *don’t overcrowd your blender with hot foods and if need the middle part of the lid remove and just put a paper towel over it to let the heat escape. A hand blender works well and no need to transfer out of the pot.
- If needed place back in the pot to keep warm.